Can You Dig It?
Oak-Leyden is working with Sugar Beet Schoolhouse in their All Ages + All Abilities Garden on the grounds of the Park District of Oak Park’s Cheney Mansion. Our Lifelong Learning Center’s adult participants and Oak-Leyden staff learn from volunteer master gardeners on how to plant and care for herbs, veggies, and much more. Tools, raised beds, seeds, and plants were donated to provide us with a season of learning, sharing, and relationship building.
Last year, the garden raised more than 850 lbs. of produce, which was donated to the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry. This year, our goal is to donate 1,000 pounds of produce! Check out the media coverage we received from FOX-TV News and Deb’s Big Backyard.
CARF and Cavalcade Awards
Oak-Leyden Developmental Services has been awarded the highest level of accreditation by CARF International for our day and residential programs.
CARF accreditation is a public seal of trust and commitment to quality based on internationally accepted standards. Achieving this accreditation demonstrates Oak-Leyden’s commitment to exceptional, personalized care. An organization receiving the highest level of CARF accreditation has undergone a detailed peer review process and has demonstrated to a team of surveyors, during an on-site visit, its commitment to providing programs and services of the highest quality. For more information on CARF, visit www.carf.org.
Oak-Leyden is commemorating its 60th anniversary! Formed as the Oak Community School in 1956 by a group of concerned parents, Oak-Leyden continues to advance our founders’ mission. We provide those with developmental disabilities with the training, therapies, and education they need to help meet life’s challenges and reach their highest potential.
We hope you’ll celebrate our 60th at OakToberfest
Friday, November 4
at Hofbräuhaus Chicago in Rosemont
Your $120 per person donation includes ~
- A delicious, authentic German-style buffet
- Complimentary beer and wine
- Entertainment by The Second City: Improv All-Stars
- An uplifting performance by Oak-Leyden’s adult choir
- A tapping and tasting of our 60th anniversary, small batch Diamond Draft beer, handcrafted by Hofbrauhaus’ master brewers
- Terrific silent auction items, raffle prizes, and more!
~ Silent Auction Preview ~
- * Brand new Les Paul Future Tribute Vintage Sunburst Vintage Gloss Min-ETune guitar
* Rejuvenate Med Spa party for 10 with mini facial or peel, champagne and hors d’oeuvres
* Mathnasium of Oak Park free math assessment and one month unlimited math tutoring
* One night stay and dinner for two at Park Hyatt Chicago
* Round of golf for three with a member host at the Oak Park Country Club
* Radio Flyer wagon and Click and Go bike
* East Bank Club passes and lunch
* FFC one-month access pass
* Chicago Beer and Pizza Tours
…and much more!
Click here to purchase event tickets or make a special Diamond Anniversary donation.
Can’t make the event? Purchase your raffle tickets here and you could be the winner of a $100, $250, or $500 cash prize!
Interested in advertising in our program book, donating to our silent auction, or becoming a sponsor? Contact Lori at 708-524-1050 x 102 for details. Thanks for your support!
Buy a $5 Carson’s Coupon Book and Support Oak-Leyden
For only $5, you can purchase a Community Days coupon book good for online and in-store purchases made Wednesday, Nov. 9 through Saturday, Nov. 12. Each coupon book is loaded with fantastic offers ~
- A $10 off coupon that can be used on any item priced $10 or more
- A 30% off one item coupon
- 30% off online purchases
- 60% off men’s suits and dress shirts
- 65% off fine jewelry
- 60% off ladies’ outerwear, clothing, and handbags
- 55—60% off kids active wear, sleepwear, and snow pants
- Plus, hundreds of additional bonus buys throughout the store!
These coupons can be used at any Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s, or Younkers store and online for purchases of regular and sale price items.
Don’t miss this special, twice-a-year sale! Spread the word to your friends and family — Carson’s will donate 100% of the proceeds from our coupon book sales to Oak-Leyden Developmental Services.
Purchase your coupon books with cash or check at these Oak-Leyden locations ~
320 Chicago Ave., Oak Park
411 Chicago Ave., Oak Park
22 Conti Pkwy., Elmwood Park
Calling ALL 2- and 3-year-olds!
Join the fun at Oak-Leyden Wednesdays from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. beginning November 2 at 411 Chicago Ave. in Oak Park.
We’ll host engaging, all-abilities activities for toddlers and their caregivers ~
• Music time
• Active play
• Social interaction
Guided by our Developmental Therapists, you’ll learn about milestones, get takeaways on how to teach and entertain your little one at home, and find a fun, supportive network as the weather turns chilly. Our 6-week class is $60 per child. Space is limited to eight children, so enroll today! RSVP to Rachel Wood at (708) 524-1050 X107 or email@example.com.